- Jun 15, 2017
It is countdown time and we have some reminders for you as you make plans to travel to Baton Rouge next week.
1. The schedule is now available for viewing on the website at www.gumboofballroom.com.
2. To pick up your competition package, please be prepared to present proof of current USA Dance membership and photo identification.
3. We expect to have the practice room and ballroom dance floors ready by early Thursday evening and competitors will be allowed to practice when installation is complete.
4. Activities planned for Thursday evening are:
- 7PM to 8PM Workshop in the ballroom
"Standard Technique for Winners"
- 8PM to 11PM Dance in practice room
West Coast Swing with Bryan Jordan as host.
5. The Gumbo is fortunate to have many who have donated scholarships to our event. We appreciate their support in helping to make the Gumbo a special competition. If you should win a scholarship, please be prepared to provide the following, as it is required for tax purposes:
- Name and address
- USA Dance member number
- Social Security number
6. If you are scheduled to dance on Saturday evening, your dinner will be provided early at a buffet setting. You may eat it in or box and take it with you.
7. VEdance, Dance Creations, Moon Dance Studios and Dancing Videos will be available for your dancing needs. Please support them.
8. For hair and makeup services, please contact Elizabeth Cartier with Purple Tiger in advance to set up your appointment. Elizabeth's contact number is 904-903-9289.
As more information becomes available, we will send it out by email and/or post it on the website.
Welcome to the Gumbo!
Ann, Charlie and the Gumbo Team
ANY Questions, please contact the organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org.